The Gemstone Studios Rising Storytellers Search, a collaborative project by Gemstone Studios, Sony Pictures Television and Ideas United—along with some incredible brand partners, including Celtx, Josefinas and Sony Alpha—champions emerging voices and female-led narratives. The program is focused on elevating diverse and underrepresented creators with authentic, bold, and undeniable stories to tell.
Gemstone Studios is fueled by passion projects from emerging voices world over, seeking distinctive female-centric stories from a diverse slate of storytellers looking to blaze an alternative path to production. This is why we want to hear your stories.
Currently we're accepting concepts across all scripted, premium, episodic television genres (drama, comedy, adult animated, docuseries etc.). We want to hear your ideas. Our focus is more on the story you want to develop than the genre, but if that story fits best in a certain visual medium, please let us know as part of your Submission Video. To apply, submit your idea here.
The program seeks to uplift underrepresented creative communities for the chance to pitch original content to Studio executives and the opportunity to win a development deal.
- Submit a pitch for an original story in video format, with optional supplemental materials.
- Top four candidates will create a sizzle reel to pitch to Gemstone Studios.
- Gemstone Studios will select one proposal and its creator will have a chance to sign a development deal worth $30,000.
Pitch us your best! The winner will be offered a development deal with GEMSTONE STUDIOS, a Sony Pictures Television company, and the chance to work with industry creatives dedicated to developing YOU…and your story.
- Top four finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their concept to Gemstone Studios’ executives.
- One winner will have the opportunity to secure a development deal worth $30,000.
Additionally, Gemstone Studios’ brand partners will be providing the following to Rising Storytellers Search Finalists and Grand Prize Winner:
Thanks to our brand partners, Gemstone Studios is able to gift Rising Storytellers Search finalists some incredible prizing experiences.
Celtx is the all-in-one scriptwriting and pre-production system for video and game professionals. With state-of-the-art tools for real-time collaboration, Celtx's web-based studios help teams make great content. With their accessible tools and resources, Celtx has led the way in democratizing the creative process for all storytellers and underrepresented voices.
Josefinas footwear collections are designed to empower the modern woman and honor self-expression while also taking inspiration from influential women in history who have paved the way. Their Suffragette shoe was created as an homage to the suffragists and serves as a reminder that we must continue the fight for women’s rights. Josefinas hopes to inspire the paths of many other women and encourage them to follow their own dreams.
Sony Electronics, a global leader in digital imaging and the world’s largest image sensor manufacturer, launched the Sony Alpha Female program in 2018 to focus on advancing the representation of diverse voices in the imaging and film industries, and supporting the growth of visual creators everywhere. The initiative supports the growth of underrepresented voices through a grant program and strategic partnerships.
- Read the rules thoroughly
- Gather, find or create your best original ideas
- Submit your idea here
- Find out if you’re a top four finalist by October 20, 2020
- Top Four finalists will develop their idea with Gemstone Studios and iU and create a professional sizzle reel
- Top Four finalists will also receive prizing from our brand sponsors, Celtx, Josefinas and Sony Alpha
- Finalists will pitch their concept and reel to Gemstone Studios’ executives
- One storyteller will have the opportunity to ink a development deal with Gemstone Studios worth $30,000!
* Finalists will be notified by email provided in the original application
* Please note all dates are subject to change
** Top 20 and Top 4 entries notified by email provided in the original application.
Additional or unanswered questions?
We’ve tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. For anything that isn’t answered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.